All students have careers lessons in the summer term of Year 10 and from November to February of Year 11 during their PSD (Personal, Social and Development) sessions.
Careers lessons enable to studetns to do the following:
- Explore careers software to investigate which careers would suit them, and the routes available;
- Understand the local and national labour market and how it affects them;
- Challenge stereotypes when making decisions about their careers;
- Investigate apprenticeships and how they work;
- Look at university progression to decide if it's the route for them.
- Curriculum Vitaes
- Discuss career paths
- Use UCAS Progress to find post-16 courses
- Apply for post 16 courses
- Write covering letters for Job applications
- Brush up on interview techniques