This is considered an out of date browser. This website has been developed with modern browsers in mind to allow it to display at its best in a wide variety of viewing situations - including mobile viewing. But we haven't supported older browsers like IE8. Please upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer - or try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Both are excellent browsers.
Sign Up for National Apprenticeship Event
Students interested in finding out more about apprenticeships can sign up for a visit to the National Apprenti...
Blacksmith Jack Forges New Links with School
Engineering students from all years have been given a masterclass in the forge by former student, Jack Sampson...
Going to University? Here's the Latest Student Finance Presentation
Following the student finance evening for Sixth Form students and their parents, the latest student finance ad...
The Spring Issue of the Ashbeian is Out Now
Horses and courses, UCAS and NCS, record passes and masterclasses - and a football team on the brink of victor...
Ashby School has a long and proud tradition, dating back more than 400 years.
Previously known as Ashby Grammar School, it was formed from an amalgamation of the Boys' and Girls' Grammar Schools in 1972.
The school's origins can be traced as far back as 1567 when a Boys' School was first founded in Ashby. The school's existing boarding facility, School House, is directly descended from the original boys' school. The Girls’ Grammar School was opened in 1901.
In recent years, school facilities have been extensively modernised and extended to create a contemporary and well-equipped learning environment in which students continue to flourish.
In spite of these necessary changes to the school campus, Ashby School has proudly retained many of its original buildings.
Detailed information about the history of the Boys’ and Girls’ Grammar Schools can be found in Ashby Museum. The history of the school is also recounted in two books: