All students are expected to adhere to the school's uniform guidelines which help to create a strong sense of school identity, high expectation and community.
Years 7 - 11 (KS3 and KS4)
Compulsory items from stockists
• Blazer – These are fitted blazers (gender tailored versions available). No other blazers are permitted. The blazer is a mandatory item of uniform and the expectation is these are worn at all times unless otherwise directed.
• Tie - Ashby School maroon clip on tie
• PE top: Ashby branded maroon t-shirt for Key Stage 3 (this will be introduced into Year 10 when current Year 7 progress to that year group and may be worn by Key Stage 4 students if preferred before this date)
Optional items from stockist
• Tartan pleat skirts - All skirts must be purchased from recognised suppliers. No other skirts will be permitted. Skirts must not be altered in their length.
• Ashby School jumpers - These are optional but, if worn, must be purchased from the recognised suppliers and feature the school logo.
Items available for general purchase
• Trousers - Plain black trousers must be in a tailored style and made of polyester. They must not be skin tight, jeans or jean or chino-style.
• Shirts - Plain white shirt or blouse (long or short-sleeved). Shirts must be tucked in.
• Tights -Tights can be natural or black.
• Shoes - Footwear must be plain, black and polishable. The whole footwear must be plain black with no coloured logos or additional tags. If in doubt, please consult school before making a purchase.
• Socks - Plain dark socks with trousers or skirts. If worn with skirts, sock length should be below the knee.
• Belts - Plain only, in keeping with professional office dress.
• Outdoor coats - Coats must be smart and professional and free of pictures, messages and logos. No denim jackets. Outdoor coats may have hoods but hoods must be down while students are anywhere on school premises unless raining. Coats must be removed in classrooms.
• Outer wear accessories - Hats, scarves and gloves must be smart and professional and fit for purpose. They must be removed when in school buildings.
PE wear - For Key Stage 3 currently
• PE Plain Black sweatshirt – any logo must be small enough to be covered with a lanyard card
• PE black shorts/skort/joggers/running legging.
• Black football socks OR white sport socks.
• Suitable footwear
Full details can be found here.
• Baseball caps are not permitted on the school site.
• Hoodies - Hoodies are not permitted in school.
• Hair colour - Hair should be of a natural colour even if dyed (pink/ purple/ blue etc. are not acceptable). Hair should be styled in keeping with professional office dress. No extreme styles, such as mohicans, punk styles, hair art etc.
• Earrings - Stud earrings only. Students may wear more than one pair but must not wear hoop or dangle earrings
• Jewellery - No excessive jewellery.
• Piercings - No facial piercings are permitted (tongue, nose, lip, ear-bars etc). Any students wearing these will be required to remove studs/rings or wear a retainer or clear plastic stud which they must provide. (We have a small number for sale where required)
• No fashion belts
• Tattoos - No visible tattoos are permitted. Any students with a visible tattoo will be required to cover it during the school day.
Breaches of our uniform expectations are dealt with in line with our behaviour policy being mindful of our ability to provide support as outlined below
Support with uniform costs
Students who grow out of branded uniform are able to bring these items into the Uniform Exchange scheme and exchange smaller uniform for a larger size/different fit for a small fee where stocks allow. Support for students in receipt of pupil premium is also available.
Mobile phones, smartphones etc are not permitted in school. Phones must be switched off before 8:45am and not be heard or seen. Students are not permitted to use their phones to record or film around school. Any student found doing this will be asked to delete any material in front of a member of staff and may have their phone confiscated for return to a parent.
Music players/ earphones
Music players and earphones are not permitted in school. Students must remove these before 8:45am and all earpieces should be kept out of sight. If they are visible, they will be confiscated and made available for collection at the end of the school day.