Ashby School is committed to creating a learning environment that allows every child to fulfil his or her potential. It is the right of every child to feel safe and confident in the classroom and around school. Disruptive behaviour is not tolerated as it affects the education of all students in the learning environment. There will be immediate consequences for acts of unacceptable behaviour.
The system of behaviour management in place at Ashby School is consistent and fair to all students.
We expect all students:
• To be in the correct uniform
• To enter the room calmly
• To have their phone turned off and in their school bag during lessons
• To have headphones in their bag during lessons
• To remove outdoor clothing at the start of the lesson
• To be suitably equipped and ready for learning
• To listen when others are talking
• To respect others' right to learn
• To use appropriate language
The vast majority of our students honour and often exceed these commitments and are rewarded for this. Should a student not comply with our ethos and the school rules which support it, they will be given a sanction.